Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Post from my friend Susan Chester-Woods

Past - New Year - Future
Current mood: peaceful
Category: Dreams and the Supernatural



I currently find myself, once again, on New Years Eve, in a mood of ruminating about both the past, the present and the future. For once not mired in the past nor thinking of the future, but trying to learn from the past to bring the good into the present to affect the future.

Today has been full of reminders of the past. Not only do I have old friends staying with me over this New Year, but today we went to the movies together and played air hockey.... something we haven't done together for years. And it felt wonderful. To do the game of "remember when" as well as talking on what has changed.

It is also the day I look back over the last 12 months to remember what has changed, what is gained or lost, what is new or old. And despite finding myself single once again, and having my heart broken (different stories, those) plus much study and working 2 jobs for a while, I feel on the whole that I have definitely come out ahead. This year has helped me to coalesce what I want from life, what my goals, aims and dreams are. Some of my core beliefs have been changed or replaced, and my skin will never be the same after this year (yes the tattoo).

During much of the year I have been under intense stress and pressure, and even needed counselling to make it through. But looking back I see growth and change, and am reminded that diamonds are only made under the most intense pressure available. And they are made from carbon - ashes. Considering I have a phoenix tattooed upon me (as well as dragon) the allegory is very apt :) Many times I have felt consumed by flame, and many times risen again. But this is the first time the diamond story was given to me too.

I believe we are all under trying and painful times. It is a trial by fire. The older allegory is that of purifying gold. It is heated so the dross can float to the top and be scooped off, making that which remains more pure and finer. Why it has been so intense for us all I cannot say with any certainty. But I do feel that 2009 is going to be different from the last 2 years of trials and burden. It will have a short respite for us to ease our aches and pains before the next round.

So when life feels as though you can take no more, know that you are not alone, we all feel it. We are all being made into the finest qualities for something that is ahead, whatever you may believe it to be. Do not give up, for we all need each other to help us all get there, wherever there is.

I wish you and your loved ones a respite for 2009. A time of joy, giving, and absorbing all that you have learned. A time to make sure the lessons are stamped in our conscious, and also a time to let go of the pain and whatever may be holding us back.

I bless you... with peace, love, hope and certainty.

Happy New Year.

No comments: