Sunday, May 3, 2009

Faith in a time of fear

By Robin Littlefeather on May 3, 2009

It's been quite a crazy time we live in. First there has been economic upheaval, and now we have a new viral strain floating around. It seems as if everywhere we look there is fear, and fear mongering. The hysteria about all the things happening right now seems contagious. In Egypt they are slaughtering pigs although there is not one shred of evidence that pigs are infectious in any way. In the USA entire schools are closing for weeks. We just had one close where I live because one child "might" have this flu.

In this time of fear and panic I choose to refuse to fear. Yes I will take ordinary precautions such as hand washing, common sense when there is something going around, but I absolutely will not fear.

Fear is simply negative faith. What we believe and how we choose to react to things has an impact on our reality and what is manifested. Constant fear produces adrenaline which is a strain on adrenal glands. It also inhibits immune response and strains the entire body. Once our bodies are thrown off kilter we then become sitting targets for illness. The more we fear the more likely it is we will get ill. The more stress, the more our body shuts itself down, and the sicker we become.

During my day I will take the time to stop whatever it is I am doing and simply breathe. I am not talking about shallow chest breathing, but a technique that actually improves over all health, and destresses body and mind. I breathe in to my diaphram and imagine that Spirit's light is going all the way down to about an inch or two below my belly button. This point is called the Tantien. I imagine the light swirling around in that point and through my body and then breathe out any tension, negativity, or anything else that might harm me. I imagine my body becoming calmer, looser, freer. I find where in my body I am holding tension and let it go by breathing out. This takes fifteen minutes and can easily be done first thing in the morning, at lunch time, and again in the evening.

Along with the physical breathing I find positive statements, ideas or things to replace fearful or negative thoughts. If one is concerned about the flu a positive statement might be, "I am well and whole and continue to remain so. I place my faith in Creator and know that I am safe in the midst of this concern." What we say with our mouths literally does get into our Spirits. It may seem kind of silly even feel false at first, but the more we say things to ourselves, the more real it becomes. If we must say anything, why not invest in positive and healthful statements instead of negative ones? What do we really have to loose with this?

1 comment:

Dracona said...

I absolutely agree. The fear is the most dangerous part and not enough realise this.